Great Yoga Nidra 3 day course with Jennie Wadsten and Melanie Cooper, well structured, informative and delivered with kindness and humour. Highly recommended!
– Josie, UK
10 – 12 December 2019
FULLBOKAD! Väntelista finns.
Kontakta gärna Jennie för info om utbildningstillfällen i Sverige och utomlands 2020: firstname.lastname@example.org
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A 30 hour diploma in Yoga Nidra, registered by Yoga Alliance (RYS-300)
- A tailormade teacher training focusing on what you would like to dive deeper into.
- Plenty of time to reconnect with your own practice, and to recharge if you’re feeling drained.
- Support from non dogmatic and experienced teachers: the empashis is on empowering you to find YOUR authentic way of teaching yoga nidra and to obtain knowledge to see what is needed for different students; there isn’t one size fits all for this practice (or any style really!)
- Chance to practice teaching with expert constructive and supportive feedback
Tuesday 10 to Thursday 12 December 2019
The intention is to give you, as a teacher, more tools, to broaden your teaching skills as well as your target groups. Perhaps you have done a training in a dynamic yoga style and would like to add a slow style to your teaching menu as well?
We have a set structure in line with Yoga Alliance’s criteria, but on top of that we have a certain amount of hours that we can tailor made for YOU – and as far as we know, this is quite unique: for you, as participants, to be able to take part in forming the course content!
We (Melanie and Jennie) have worked together for almost 10 years (yoga teacher trainings and retreats in India and Europe) and have 20 + 13 years of experience from teaching yoga and teacher trainings full time.
We have experienced a lot over the years – and what we keep coming back to is how important it is to be authentic, to find “your voice” as a teacher and to have the courage to be YOURSELF when you are teaching! Working as a yoga teacher is amazing – but it also takes a lot of energy – and can be very draining if you are not looking after yourself. (And it’s so easy to not give ourselves that time/attention/selfcare – so in the training we will also put emphasis on how to create space for your own health and practice: to stay balanced and mentally strong!
WE WILL COVER
- A non-dogmatic approach. We will cover the main techniques and modern schools of Yoga Nidra and what they offer. You’ll get the chance to compare and explore different methods to see which works the best for you.
- Yoga Nidra scripts. Online resources: You’ll get ready made scripts in different methods. Together we will also explore and develop a treasure trove of ideas and scripts for teaching your own yoga nidra – as well as incorporating it in your own practice.
- The structure A detailed look at each stage of the practice; the intention behind it and how it affects the body and mind.
- Modifications. Contra-indications. How to adapt your teaching for different students
- Basic science of Yoga Nidra. Brainwaves, Hypnagogia, Basic anatomy of the brain, states of consciousness
- History and Philosophy
- Your own practice
- Approx. 9.00 – 17.00 daily, including a one hour lunch break
Early bird (until 10 Sept): 5400 SEK
- Yoga Nidra teacher training manual – Melanie Cooper (included in the price)
- Pre-homework: 10 – 20 hours depending on your previous experience of yoga teacher trainings.
- Exam: no written tests: you don’t have to “prove” anything: rather: we are interested in seeing that you have gained an understanding and knowledge, that you can apply to each individual student depending on his/her needs. You are not attending the course to perform: you are attending it to learn and to spark your interest in embarking or continuing on this fascinating journey as a yoga teacher!
Sign up/more information
A deposit of 3000 SEK is required initially to reserve your place, with the full balance to be paid 60 days before the course starts. Please let us know if money is an issue and you need a part payment plan and we’ll see what we can do to help. The deposit is non-refundable – but we do know that sometimes things happen in life that you couldn’t predict, and if so: you won’t get the deposit back BUT if you cancel 1 month before the course at the latest you can use it for other trainings/retreats/workshops with us – so you won’t lose the money! Terms and conditions >>>
Minimum amount of participants: 8. Maximum: 25.
If there are less than 8 bookings 7 weeks prior to the course start, we reserve the right to cancel the course. The participants will get a full refund of the course fee.
Account details for the deposit will be sent to you after we have accepted your application.
Your space is not guaranteed until we have accepted your application and received your deposit. You will receive a confirmation letter from us as soon as your deposit has been received and registered on our account.
Upon completion you will receive a level 2 diploma, Yoga Alliance 30 hrs. (Zolder Studio, UK, RYS 300).