30 AUGUST – 3 SEPTEMBER 2020
Limited offer: €300 (!) discount on the Yoga Nidra teacher training if you sign up for either this Yin Yoga teacher training (or the Yoga Retreat)!
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A 50 hour diploma in Yin Yoga, registered by Yoga Alliance (RYS-300)
- A tailormade teacher training focusing on what you would like to dive deeper into.
- Small group setting: lots of personal attention and feedback.
- Plenty of time to reconnect with your own practice, and to recharge if you’re feeling drained.
- Support from non dogmatic and experienced teachers: the empashis is on empowering you to find YOUR authentic way of teaching yin yoga and to obtain knowledge to see what is needed for different students; there isn’t one size fits all for this practice (or any style really!)
- Chance to practice teaching with expert constructive and supportive feedback
- Healthy food and beautiful accommodation.
Check in/out timings will be announced
The intention is to give you, as a teacher, more tools, to broaden your teaching skills as well as your target groups. Perhaps you have done a training in a dynamic yoga style and would like to add a slow style to your teaching menu as well – to be able to teach back to back classes at studios and retreats?
We have a set structure in line with Yoga Alliance’s criteria, but on top of that we have a certain amount of hours that we can tailor made for YOU – and as far as we know, this is quite unique: for you, as participants, to be able to take part in forming the course content!
We (Melanie and Jennie) have worked together for almost 10 years (yoga teacher trainings and retreats in India and Europe) and have 20 + 13 years of experience from teaching yoga and teacher trainings full time.
We have experienced a lot over the years – and what we keep coming back to is how important it is to be authentic, to find “your voice” as a teacher and to have the courage to be YOURSELF when you are teaching! Working as a yoga teacher is amazing – but it also takes a lot of energy – and can be very draining if you are not looking after yourself. (And it’s so easy to not give ourselves that time/attention/selfcare – so in the training we will also put emphasis on how to create space for your own health and practice: to stay balanced and mentally strong!
We will cover
- The theory and science behind the practice
• The nervous system and the brain
- Teaching the poses Our focus is very much on teaching the practice in a way that is inclusive and safe for everyone – making this a nurturing and healing practice – a way to connect and go deep inside – a way to truly relax and rejuvenate.
- Sequencing Sequences for specific meridians, for specific yoga poses (eg for backbends, opening the hips, twists, forward bends), and a general all round class
- Hands on assists Our hands on assists are supportive and nurturing – the focus is on grounding and taking the student to deeper levels of relaxation and letting go.
Tea, coffee, light snack (optional)
Slow Flow (optional)
Lunch and free time
Yin Yoga diploma 50 hrs YA
Accommodation 5 days
Healthy and vegetarian (and vegan) food (full board)
- Yin Yoga and Yoga Nidra diploma 50 hrs YA
- Healthy and vegetarian (and vegan) food: half or full board.
- Book: Your Body, Your Yoga – Bernie Clark (ISBN 978-0-9687665-3-8)
- Yin Yoga Teacher training manual (will be given to you in Ibiza)
- Choose one of the following books: the one that resonates the most with you!
– Brightening our inner skies,Yin and Yoga – Norman Blair
– The complete guide to Yin Yoga – Bernie Clark
- Pre-homework: 10 – 20 hours depending on your previous experience of yoga teacher trainings.
- Exam: no written tests: you don’t have to “prove” anything: rather: we are interested in seeing that you have gained an understanding and knowledge, that you can apply to each individual student depending on his/her needs. You are not attending the course to perform: you are attending it to learn and to spark your interest in embarking or continuing on this fascinating journey as a yoga teacher!
- Melanie Cooper: (UK/India): www.melaniecooper.co.uk
- Jennie Wadsten: (Sweden/India) www.yogaleela.se
• Meridians and the energy system
‘• Updated research, the different aspects of yin yoga and how it is applicable to different body types and how personalities, and how movement patterns plays an important part.
For each pose we will cover:
• How to practice and teach the basic pose
• How to use props
• How to modify for hyper mobility, injuries, pregnancy
• Alternative options
How to plan a class, when and how much to talk, what to talk about.
Sample day schedule
Various prices depending on your option: please click HERE to see the room options and prices for each room:
ON SITE (accommodation included)
Please note that this price INCLUDES food and accommodation, to make it easy for you! All you have to think of is to buy a flight ticket to Ibiza (which is very cheap!) and we can arrange a taxi to pick you up at the airport.
Early bird offer: €100 discount! Valid until 28 February 2020.
Limited offer: €300 (!) discount on the Yoga Nidra course if you sign up for this yin course as well!
Included in the price:
Not included in the price:
OFFSITE (accommodation not included)
Only for people staying in Ibiza/locals
All meals €790
Breakfast & lunch only €750
Included in the price:
How to get there
All you need to do is to buy a flight ticket to Ibiza.
The airport is only 20 min away from the retreat center!
(Taxis are about 25-30€ and can take 3 people with luggage.)
Sign up/more information
1) Fill in the application form
2) We will get back to you within 24 hrs. Please make sure that we need to approve your application before you book a room.
3) As soon as you have received the confirmation letter from us, please go ahead and choose which room you´d like to book ) You´ll get a booking confirmation sent to your email straight ahead, and within 48 hrs you´ll also get an invoice for the deposit, €300.
5) As soon as you have paid the deposit, your space is guaranteed.
Upon completion you will receive a level 2 diploma, Yoga Alliance 30 hrs. (Zolder Studio, UK, RYS 300).
The course is organized by We Are Wholistic